Find more freelance jobs
4 Design Tools
Forms are used for the page layout of SAPscript documents. To be able to format a text for
output to the screen or printer, you must assign a form first.
If no form has been assigned to a text, the system automatically assigns the form
SYSTEM, which contains minimal definitions for text formatting. There are two ways of formatting texts using forms: · Use the standard text maintenance to enter and print the text. You can assign any form.
You can also enter text via the form, for example, a letter header. · Use an ABAP program to format the text according to an assigned form. The program
can either dynamically print individual predefined text modules text elements or
transfer entire texts to be printed using the form. Observe these naming conventions for form names: · The name must start with a letter. · The name may contain only letters. The characters * , & / as well as blanks are not valid.
· The name can be up to 16 characters long. 4.1 Form Components In the alphanumeric Form Painter, a form has the following components: · Header data Data related to development (created by, development class, and so on) and form
information (which elements are used) are both stored in the header data.
· Paragraph formats Paragraph formats are required in forms (as in styles) to format texts. However, they are
also used for word processing in forms, for example, to format text elements.
· Character formats You can also use character formats to format texts or paragraphs. Unlike paragraph
formats, however, they are used to format text within a paragraph.
· Windows Windows are output areas you position on the individual pages of the form. The system
then prints the contents of the windows, the text elements, into these output areas.
· Pages Most forms comprise different pages, for example, one page with the customer address, the
subsequent page containing the corresponding customer records. This implies that you
must define different output areas (windows) on different pages.
· Page windows A page window is the combination of a window and a page. You specify the dimensions of a
window and its position on a page.
Previous Page|Next Page